So the LAN party went of reasonably well, considering that we had a monsoon which kept a lot of people away and power outages all through the night from the lightning. I was told the ETRL took a direct hit, but I didn't see it.
The only bit of business that was covered was setting a preliminary meeting time and agenda. The time that most people agreed on was every other Wednesday at 6pm. Our first meeting will be next Wednesday and I'll post the agenda in the event.
If you have a problem with this time or day-of-the-week, then please attach a comment here. It doesn't do anyone any good if you just decide not to show.
Ate free pizza.
Discussed doing some LAN parties at the Up All Nights. Help is needed to setup, plan, and run the events so volunteers are welcome.
Passed out Ubuntu live CDs.
Watched Mystery Science Theater.
- Jack is going to try and get paid tutors for 100-200 level CptS students.
- Plan to post fliers for the meetings starting next semester.
- At the first meeting next semester we will schedule when to have meetings, post fliers, and Up All Night activities.
- Next Semesters presentations need to be planned.
- David to start working on Live CDs for CptS 223, 355. They will be ready to hand out next semester.
- T-Shirt design and approval still in progress. Going to try to have available for distribution next semester.
We discussed using LUG funds to buy a computer, or parts to make a computer, that would stay in the LUG office and act as a workstation.
We also discussed buying a cd/dvd burner.
Lastly was David's presentation on Make.